THIS BLOG IN NO WAY DISPENSES ADVICE – LEGAL OR OTHERWISE. OPINIONS ARE SHARED AND BELONG TO EACH AUTHOR OR POSTER AND NOT NECESSARILY THE OWNER OF THIS BLOG. THIS BLOG IS OFFERED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH. READERS AND WRITERS OF THIS BLOG ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW THEY INTERPRET AND/OR ACT UPON ANY PUBLISHED MATERIALS HERE.
Having said that, let me explain a bit further.
1) Some self help sites are excellent sources of information and support. The authors are well equipped to offer timely professional help. That would not be me. Some of my insights will be right on. Some will be skewed by my perception and personal biases. I try to be fair, but I don’t claim to be objective. And the fact that I’m dealing with a narcissist with my own child means timeliness often goes out the door.
2) Many self help sites are run by very well intentioned but messed up people. That would be me. I was raised by narcissists and throughout my life surrounded myself by them. So while I may validate some of your experiences and give you that liberating “a ha!” experience, I have issues.
3) Some self help sites (not all, but still sadly too many) are run by ill-intentioned people – yes, narcissists pose online as much as they do in person and will suck the life out of you, abuse and traumatize you there as well. Be careful.
4) The one good thing that has come out of my experience with Narcissist is my beautiful child. But this means I am still currently in the midst of dealing with this abuse and its many triggers. For me this means I can fall into periodic depression where I may disappear for long periods of time until I can crawl back out. This means the blog will remain dormant for those times. I will return, but I’ll be struggling with my own demons.
5) Please understand that I cannot answer personal email. See disclaimer and #1. I had for a while, but it takes more time, resources, knowledge and wisdom than I have. You’re better off looking to someone else. The email address I have for this blog is for author submission and/or inquiries only. You’d be so much better turning to legal or psychological counsel. Just make sure they know what narcissism is. ASK them.
6) Use the comment feature or share your story as an author for feedback from the readers of this blog, and myself, when I’m able. But I make no promises. I have to approve your first comment, but once that’s done, all the other comments will publish automatically.
I’ll do my best to answer author inquiries and approve first comments as timely as possible, but please bear in mind, I’m struggling as much as you and this is not a professional blog – just one woman’s attempt to make sense out of a crazy situation.
Thanks for understanding!